- This event has passed.
The Transformative Potential of the Safe Clean Water Program, Los Angeles County Measure W
June 20, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Mark Pestrella, Los Angeles County Director of Public Works
Liz Crosson, City of Los Angeles Director of Infrastructure
In September 2018, Los Angeles County voters approved Measure W, the Safe Clean Water Parcel Tax, with 69.5 percent of the vote. The measure will raise approximately $300M/ year to:
- Implement a new plan to capture the billions of gallons of water we lose each year.
- Help protect our coastal waters and beaches from the trash and contaminants in stormwater that make people sick and threaten marine life.
- Modernize our 100 year-old water system infrastructure, using a combination of nature, science, and new technology.
- Help protect public health, ensuring safer, greener, healthier, and more livable spaces for all, and
- Prepare our region for the effects of a changing climate – including recurring cycles of drought, wildfire, and flooding.
We are honored to be joined by Los Angeles County Director of Public Works Mark Pestrella and City of Los Angeles Director of Infrastructure for Mayor Eric Garcetti, Liz Crosson.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
Location:The Doubletree Hotel 120 S. Los Angeles Street Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Member Price: $60
- Non-Member Price: $90
- Student Member w/ID: $20
- On-site Reg & Changes: Add $15
- Event Sponsor: $375
- Premier Sponsor: $650
- Spotlight Sponsor: $1200