Applicants must be attending a U.S. school/college/university. International students are welcome!
Architecture / Engineering / Construction
You must be full-time student working towards a degree or interested in one of the following professions:
- Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning and Urban Design
- Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering
- Construction or Construction Management
Asian/Pacific Islander Community
You must demonstrate a measurable level of involvement and/or service to the Asian/Pacific Islander community.
You must be an AAa/e member before the application due date. AAa/e Student membership is only $8.00. Apply for AAa/e membership at: www.aaaesc.org/membership_join
Scholarships will be awarded at the AAa/e Awards Banquet on Thursday, October 1st, 2020. If awarded, you are required to be present at the banquet to accept the award.
The AAa/e Awards Banquet will be held at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
All associated transportation & lodging expenses are the responsibility of the awardee.
We are actively monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and will notify applicants if anything changes.
If awarded, you must be available to participate in the filming of a short video clip to be shown at the Awards Banquet.
Supporting documents must be submitted before the Application Due Date.
- One (1) page maximum.
- One (1) page maximum.
- Describe your background and future aspirations within the Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Industry.
- Submit a completed or proposed design or research project related to architecture, engineering, or construction (maximum five pages). For High School students, the submission may also be related to science, technology or mathematics.
- The sample of work must be accompanied by a short essay (maximum three pages) which provides project description, goals, methods, and results.
- For team projects, the short essay must also include a description of the applicant’s contribution to the team project.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- Letters may be from faculty members of your respective school or employers from your industry-related experience.